The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 4472 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4472 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/printthread.php 17 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 183 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 63 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 187 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 10 - Line: 184 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 184 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 78 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 78 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mppage - Line: 219 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 219 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 222 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 222 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage

Culturish
ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Printable Version

+- Culturish (http://www.culturish.com/forums2)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Sports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium (/showthread.php?tid=113)

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 01-29-2018 12:36 AM

It's the first time since 2008 that Federer has defended a Slam?!

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - misplaced validity - 01-29-2018 12:46 AM

Is there any reason to think Federer isn't going to just run through this tennis year apart from the clay season?

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Culturegeek - 01-29-2018 01:17 AM

(01-28-2018 01:35 PM)misplaced validity Wrote:  I feel terrible for Halep. She's now lost 3 majors in 3-set matches. Having said that, it's incredible she was able to play so well in the final today. It went almost 3 hours, and she'd already played that 15-13 match with Davis and the 9-7 match with Kerber. I don't know how she was still running at the end.

Additionally, Wozniacki breaks what was starting to seem like a curse with the WTA Championships winners. Three winners in a row were surprise wins by players who'd been in major finals but never won a major. It seems like those wins might boost them, but instead Radwanska and Cibulkova hadn't done much of note since those wins. Wozniacki seemed to be going that way when she was down against Fett, but instead she the momentum to her first major.

Apparently, Halep was hospitalized after the final.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - misplaced validity - 01-29-2018 01:24 AM

(01-29-2018 01:17 AM)Culturegeek Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 01:35 PM)misplaced validity Wrote:  I feel terrible for Halep. She's now lost 3 majors in 3-set matches. Having said that, it's incredible she was able to play so well in the final today. It went almost 3 hours, and she'd already played that 15-13 match with Davis and the 9-7 match with Kerber. I don't know how she was still running at the end.

Additionally, Wozniacki breaks what was starting to seem like a curse with the WTA Championships winners. Three winners in a row were surprise wins by players who'd been in major finals but never won a major. It seems like those wins might boost them, but instead Radwanska and Cibulkova hadn't done much of note since those wins. Wozniacki seemed to be going that way when she was down against Fett, but instead she the momentum to her first major.

Apparently, Halep was hospitalized after the final.

Wow. I'm not surprised, but wow. She really put everything she had into this tournament. I hope she'd proud and not disappointed.

Any updates on Nadal's injury?

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 01-29-2018 02:44 AM

(01-29-2018 12:46 AM)misplaced validity Wrote:  Is there any reason to think Federer isn't going to just run through this tennis year apart from the clay season?

Probably? Everyone else is injured. We'll see what the next gen kids do.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - misplaced validity - 01-29-2018 03:45 AM

I've been waiting on this "next gen" shit for years. First it was Tsonga, Gasquet, Berdych, etc. Then it was Raonic, Dmitrov, Thiem, etc. Now it's Zverev, Kyrgios, etc.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 01-29-2018 04:37 AM

Tsonga, Gasquet, and Berdych are the same age/tennis gen as Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray, so it's more that they didn't quite happen and the other three did. Zverev, Chung, Kyrgios, etc are approaching the age where they need to contend for Slams.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 01-29-2018 04:43 AM

Also Federer would honestly be a fool to skip the French Open because he might arguably be the fave there, too, depending on Nadal's injury and recovery.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Culturegeek - 01-29-2018 09:42 AM

Would Halep be the favourite for the French? It's the only other final she's been to (I don't know where Williams' return is at)

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - NUguy514 - 01-29-2018 11:17 AM

I guess we'd need to see how the clay season unfolds, but I'd favor Halep right now.

I'm glad Cilic made Roger work for it. It wasn't a fantastic match, but at least Cilic didn't roll over. #20 – crazy.

Fun fact: this is the first Slam since the 2012 US Open where both finals went the distance; the next most recent Slam was Wimbledon in 2001. This is also the first Australian Open in the Open Era to have had both finals go the distance, which is pretty surprising to me.