The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 4472 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4472 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/printthread.php 17 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 183 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 63 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 187 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 10 - Line: 184 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 184 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 78 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 78 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mppage - Line: 219 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 219 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 222 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 222 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage

Culturish
ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Printable Version

+- Culturish (http://www.culturish.com/forums2)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Sports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium (/showthread.php?tid=113)

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - OMCS - 05-27-2018 11:04 PM

Oh! And, remember how last year we were all overnight fans of Sebastian Ofner - the guy who came through qualies and got to the 3rd round? Well, he lost in the first round of qualies this year. So... ranking's not gonna be great when the new list comes out.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - OMCS - 05-27-2018 11:05 PM

(05-27-2018 11:02 PM)Dr.ciski77 Wrote:  Kyrgios just pulled out of the tournament because of an elbow injury.

...oh

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 05-27-2018 11:17 PM

And yes, people definitely do/can change. I'm less inclined to make excuses for him based on the notion that his behavior is triggered by having to deal with pressure and expectations. Gasquet, Nadal, etc had the same expectations and pressures as up-and-coming players and managed to deal with them in ways that aren't toxic. Kyrgios is the type of guy that, for each and every good intention he displays, does or says something beyond deplorable and then is told to publicly apologize to avoid additional fines and punishments. He is also surrounded by a clique of enablers, starting with his closest relatives, who have convinced him he can get away with literally anything and have no idea how to manage his talent and his behavior. And for the record, Connors and McEnroe can go f*ck themselves into eternity.

As for Tomic...mental illness isn't acknowledged or grappled with in any significant way by either organization - ATP or WTA - and I'm not aware of any initiatives or resources available to players who might want to avail themselves of that kind of assistance. I shouldn't have said anything about him actually.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - OMCS - 05-28-2018 04:25 AM

Yeah. I've read that Kyrgios' brother is particularly oafish and has clung onto his brother's stardom like a sycophantic barnacle.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 05-28-2018 05:36 AM

I will now use sycophantic barnacle in conversations daily.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 05-28-2018 06:46 AM

Also Ostapenko lost today. Bye Top 30

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - OMCS - 05-28-2018 10:06 PM

I actually don't think she'll even fall out of the top 10. She's kind of quietly had a solid year since she won last year. (And even then, being seeded and getting byes into second rounds at big tournaments earns you a whoooooooole lotta points without even winning. Plus, you get 210 points just for getting to the year end championships. So, even if she lost first round in all three of the next slams, all four premier mandatories, all five premier 5s and didn't win a match at the YEC, she'd have about 2700 points heading into the next year's French... which is good enough for 15th in this week's rankings.)

Looking at the live rankings, she's currently predicted to be #10. Getting the the final in Miami definitely helps.

Also, with Venus and Ostapenko going out yesterday, Azarenka had a great opportunity to get to the QFs... until she lost to Siniakova today. Now, I guess it's either her or Strycova as the favorite in that quarter? Makarova? Martic?

And, wait. How does Vania King still have a protected ranking? I swear she's gotten into the last 8 slams with that thing. It's like when Tursunov stretched his alotted PR's across like three years of slam draws just to get the $75,000 first round loser's checks.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 05-28-2018 11:07 PM

It didn't occur to me how successful of a year she managed to have beyond the French Open. Good for her.

And Kvitova... I mean...yeah.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - Dr.ciski77 - 05-29-2018 02:55 AM

So Trungelliti got in as a LL after Kyrgios retired, drove 9 hours from Barcelona to play Tomic, arrived in Paris at the last second, and won. Amazing.

RE: ATP/WTA 2?: Unchained Meldonium - OMCS - 05-29-2018 04:22 AM

I love stories like that. But, why would he leave so soon after losing in the qualies? With the new rules they just put into place to stop players from playing hurt just to collect a check, odds were there'd be a few lucky losers. (There ended up being SEVEN.) I guess you have to decide if you want to pay for another couple of nights at a hotel and hope for the best or move on to the next challenger. And with first round matches still scheduled for tomorrow, there could be even more chances for a LL to get in.

Also, I love that Petkovic just seems to exist solely to beat seeds in the first round of slams now. Kvitova in Melbourne and today she beat Mladenovic to kick her out of the top 50.