The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 4472 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4472 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/printthread.php 17 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 183 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 63 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 187 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 8 - Line: 184 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 184 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 78 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 78 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "page" - Line: 86 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 86 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mppage - Line: 215 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 215 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 222 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 222 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage

Culturish
Random Theatre Thoughts - Printable Version

+- Culturish (http://www.culturish.com/forums2)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Stage (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Random Theatre Thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=79)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Random Theatre Thoughts - dws1982 - 09-14-2015 12:36 PM

So Sienna Miller gave an interview where she stated that she was in talks to return to Broadway in a play, but she turned it down. The reason was that the lead actor was going to be paid over twice what she made, even though it was a play with just the two of them onstage. She said the show is still due to come to Broadway.

Any guesses as to what it is? I can think of two plays that are coming that have two characters onstage the entire time: Misery and The Gin Game. She doesn't fit as the middle-aged deranged fan, so I doubt she would be in the running for that, and she's several decades too young for The Gin Game. Guessing it might be something that hasn't been announced yet.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - Culturegeek - 11-05-2015 01:55 PM

a) Maybe Blackbird? She's in the same age cohort as Michelle Williams and it is a two-hander.

b) Anyone else listen to Hamilton yet? It's amazing, one of the best scores of the 21st century. Just an astonishing, forceful piece of work.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - sms84 - 11-06-2015 10:47 AM

I like Hamilton well enough, but I don't understand why everyone (critics especially) is jumping over one another slobbering and masturbating all over it. I would argue that both Rent and The Lion King have done more to advance the form of musical theater in the last 25 years...the former in terms of content, structure and sound, and the latter in visual design and presentation.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - pvdk - 11-18-2015 04:38 PM

Listened to Sara Bareilles' Waitress album. So wonderful particularly the sugar, butter, flour songs.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - malcolm1980 - 11-19-2015 10:11 PM

Woo-hoo!

Lea Salonga will bring Fun Home to the Philippines!

She will be playing the Judy Kuhn role! Can't wait! Smile

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - teppo2 - 11-20-2015 08:28 PM

So something that has bugged me about going to the theatre in recent years - when did standing ovations become protocol? It seems like everything I go to on a professional level nowadays receives one, and I really don't understand the point. It waters down the response for truly great experiences and, I fear, rewards mediocrity. I'm all for a well-placed standing ovation (most recently, I'd say, for the touring production of Once that came about last year), but for fucking Annie and Beauty and the Beast back to back? Come on Pantages crowd. They were decent productions at best.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - Culturegeek - 11-21-2015 11:56 AM

Heh.

On the other hand, Steven Pasquale singing "Soliloquy" definitely deserves some applause. Hope it sees Broadway.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - misplaced validity - 12-28-2015 06:22 AM

A former student of mine is subbing in the pit for Hamilton. Viola. She's also backed performs like Elvis Costello on shows like Tonight Show and Letterman.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - Culturegeek - 01-28-2016 01:56 PM

Cate Blanchett will be on Broadway next season in The Present.

Tony, signed, sealed and delivered.

RE: Random Theatre Thoughts - Culturegeek - 01-31-2016 01:51 PM

Hamilton + Audra McDonald = This