The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 4472 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4472 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 451 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 356 session->update_session
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/printthread.php 17 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 183 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 63 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 187 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 6 - Line: 184 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 184 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 78 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 78 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mppage - Line: 219 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 219 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 222 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 222 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage

Culturish
Random TV Thoughts - Printable Version

+- Culturish (http://www.culturish.com/forums2)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Television (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Random TV Thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: Random TV Thoughts - misplaced validity - 01-29-2016 06:39 AM

(01-29-2016 04:59 AM)teppo2 Wrote:  
(01-28-2016 06:21 PM)mahogany soul Wrote:  How could he be in whiteface? Michael Jackson wasn't born a Caucasian man. He didn't die one. It's not tricky at all. There's make-up and CGI. Choose one or both. What you don't do is cast a fucking white man.

I get he wasn't born Caucasian obviously, but the movie sounds like it will strictly take place in 2001, when Jackson's appearance was undeniably very pale-skinned. That's all I'm saying.

1. Is his pale skin even relevant to the story being told in this project?
2. Regardless, there are plenty of light-skinned actors available. Particularly in a time when the lack of opportunities for minorities in Hollywood is a big issue, it seems in truly poor taste to cast a white male to play a black male.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - teppo2 - 01-29-2016 09:52 AM

On your first point, agree to disagree then. I definitely think someone cast to play such a public figure (or someone of specific physical traits) should have a pretty significant physical resemblance to the person they are portraying, natural or not. I feel similarly about the fact that Brenton Thwaites and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau are playing Egyptians in that upcoming Gods movie.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - pvdk - 01-29-2016 10:33 AM

(01-28-2016 10:02 AM)dug11 Wrote:  
(01-27-2016 02:00 PM)pvdk Wrote:  Anything to get to see more Joseph Fiennes.

(01-27-2016 11:27 AM)dug11 Wrote:  The Creative Arts Emmys will be split into two ceremonies this year. A two-day event, essentially.

So we will have THREE ceremonies this year?

Yes. Three ceremonies this year.

I wonder if they're gonna ship some categories over to the Creative Arts ones. But I think they can't do that cos of the guilds?

I think a ceremony where they shipped off all the writing/directing categories with the guest/host ones would be so good.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - Raybee - 01-30-2016 11:42 AM

(01-26-2016 01:15 AM)Raybee Wrote:  Am I the only one tired of seeing old shoes being rebooted and/or getting a sequel series or even a sequel TV series based on a movie? I blame Netflix mostly as they have the majority of them. But come one, where's the original storylines? We had/have Arrested Development, The X-Files, Fuller House, Heroes Reborn, Girl Meets World, Wet Hot American Summer, The Killing. Then there are the soap series like 90210, Melrose Place, Dallas in recent years.

*yawn

And how could I forget Gilmore Girls sequel series as well.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - dug11 - 01-31-2016 05:37 AM

(01-30-2016 11:42 AM)Raybee Wrote:  
(01-26-2016 01:15 AM)Raybee Wrote:  Am I the only one tired of seeing old shoes being rebooted and/or getting a sequel series or even a sequel TV series based on a movie? I blame Netflix mostly as they have the majority of them. But come one, where's the original storylines? We had/have Arrested Development, The X-Files, Fuller House, Heroes Reborn, Girl Meets World, Wet Hot American Summer, The Killing. Then there are the soap series like 90210, Melrose Place, Dallas in recent years.

*yawn

It's finally official, so I'm sure that makes you happy!! Smile

I hope they don't really name it Gilmore Girls: Seasons. Just keep the same name as the series - done. It looks like the confirmed cast is Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop and Keiko Agena. I'm sure we'll see plenty of the townsfolk. I am hoping that Sookie makes an appearance but, frankly, I'd be more disappointed if Liza Weil didn't appear.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - Above the Title - 01-31-2016 05:40 AM

And Sean Gunn is confirmed cast as well. I would say McCarthy seems doubtful at this point. I am also desperate to see Liza Weil, but it also narratively makes sense that Paris is no longer anywhere near Stars Hollow.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - dug11 - 01-31-2016 05:45 AM

Ah, I forgot to include Gunn.

Paris' absence will make sense, true. But I'll be bummed regardless.

I'm actually not terribly sad about McCarthy's potentially missing the series. I enjoy Sookie, but I don't think it would be a huge blow to the show if she didn't return.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - dug11 - 01-31-2016 11:40 AM

So happy Orange Is the New Black won the SAG tonight. It's such a great show, and I feel the binge-watching world we live in mutes its buzz because it aired so long ago. It had a terrific third season and I was happy to see the cast rewarded. Hopefully it finally gets some Emmy love.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - Raybee - 01-31-2016 11:54 AM

(01-31-2016 05:37 AM)dug11 Wrote:  
(01-30-2016 11:42 AM)Raybee Wrote:  

*yawn

It's finally official, so I'm sure that makes you happy!! Smile

That's why I quoted myself, because it had been made official. I can't really say much. I never watched the original series.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - misplaced validity - 01-31-2016 12:04 PM

(01-31-2016 11:40 AM)dug11 Wrote:  So happy Orange Is the New Black won the SAG tonight. It's such a great show, and I feel the binge-watching world we live in mutes its buzz because it aired so long ago. It had a terrific third season and I was happy to see the cast rewarded. Hopefully it finally gets some Emmy love.

Yeah, I've also wondered about the nature of streaming shows all dropping at once working against them come Emmy time. Of course, it depends on the show. In the case of OITNB, the eligible season is literally a full year before the Emmys deadline isn't it? But then you'd think the June premiere for the new seasons would give it momentum come voting time. Something like Master of None will have dropped like 7 months before the end of the Emmys deadline.