The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 4472 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4472 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 75 session->load_guest
/global.php 55 session->init
/printthread.php 17 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 183 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 63 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mybb - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 187 makeprintablenav
Warning [2] Attempt to read property "settings" on null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forums - Line: 183 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 6 - Line: 184 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 184 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 1229 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1229 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 72 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyviewownthreads" - Line: 78 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 78 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $mppage - Line: 219 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 219 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 222 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 222 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 109 printthread_multipage

Culturish
Random TV Thoughts - Printable Version

+- Culturish (http://www.culturish.com/forums2)
+-- Forum: Entertainment (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Television (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Random TV Thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=9)

RE: Random TV Thoughts - Culturegeek - 03-24-2017 01:06 PM

The Handmaid's Tale trailer

RE: Random TV Thoughts - misplaced validity - 03-31-2017 12:59 AM

Really disappointed blackish had Chris Brown as a guest star last night.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - dug11 - 03-31-2017 01:03 AM

I haven't watched the episode (still a few behind this season), bu they are really taking heat from everyone for having him on the show.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - misplaced validity - 03-31-2017 01:36 AM

(03-31-2017 01:03 AM)dug11 Wrote:  I haven't watched the episode (still a few behind this season), bu they are really taking heat from everyone for having him on the show.

It was perhaps meant to be 'ironic' because the message of the show was how black people in higher positions should be able to do what they want, but ultimately they have to represent an entire race. To that end, Chris Brown gets more heat than, say, Casey Affleck who can win an Oscar. Having said that, the issue should of course be more that perhaps Affleck should have gotten heat as opposed to Chris Brown getting to still be high profile when he hasn't ever stopped exhibiting troubling behavior.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - dug11 - 03-31-2017 07:02 AM

We've had the conversation before, so I don't want to delve back into it really, but it is a struggle with me. I have Manchester by the Sea at home at the moment (from the library, so free) and I feel weird about watching it. I do struggle with if art and the artist should be separate, and if that's even possible.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - Above the Title - 03-31-2017 07:34 AM

There is definitely a racial element in terms of Brown v. Affleck but there is also a "who was victimized" aspect. Usually a black woman is at the bottom of the totem pole but because Chris Brown beat up a beloved famous woman and those pictures were so so so gruesome, people may feel more turned off. Also, Brown has a history of not showing remorse and continuing to behave badly whereas Affleck settled out of court and has basically laid low.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - eurocheese - 04-01-2017 11:16 AM

Big Little Lies has their finale this weekend. Witherspoon, Kidman and Dern have all been phenomenal and I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't. Even Woodley was good.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - pvdk - 04-01-2017 01:28 PM

I came here to ask about Kidman's awards chances. An Emmy would be great for her but she still has yet to win a SAG.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - misplaced validity - 04-02-2017 04:00 AM

I haven't seen the show since the premiere, but her part in the book is probably the most awards-friendly. I would say Witherspoon and Woodley have trickier roles, but again that's based on the book.

RE: Random TV Thoughts - venom1976 - 04-02-2017 04:45 AM

Nicole all the way. She's been fantastic.